October 19, 2010

Wilders denounces EDL demo

A scheduled demonstration in Amsterdam by the far right English Defence League in support of anti-Islam campaiger Geert Wilders should be cancelled if there is any threat of trouble, the MP says in Monday’s Telegraaf.

The EDL has applied to hold a demonstration in the city on October 30, as have a number of anti-racist organisations. Amsterdam mayor Eberhard van der Laan and the police are currently discussing how to deal with the demonstrations because of fears they will deteriorate into violence.

‘This demonstration means nothing to me. It is nothing to do with me, nor is the EDL,’ Wilders said. ‘I only know the group from the newspapers and I have never had any contact with them.’

Dutch News

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

‘This demonstration means nothing to me. It is nothing to do with me, nor is the EDL,’ Wilders said. ‘I only know the group from the newspapers and I have never had any contact with them.’

Nothing to do with me, Guv!

EDL...You're hero wants nothing to do with you!

Anonymous said...

Um. Anon. It's "your".

Your is possessive.
You're is short for you are.

DGF.

ben said...

This must have really pissed off the EDL.

Hopefully their presence in Amsterdam will fuck Wilders up the arse, making a total and complete mess of the dutch far right movement, allowing the meeting to descend into a farse.

If so, the EDL really do have a positive role to play in things, lol!

Anonymous said...

Robinson doth protest etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWCzk15rQRI

Anonymous said...

@Anon 5.32pm

Forgive me, I'm working class.

Seen this?

http://pedantscorner.wordpress.com/category/grammar/

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Lynne Truss posted on this site!

Anonymous said...

@Anon 3:57

I, too, am working class. No excuse for poor grammar.

Toodles!

DGF.